If you’re thinking about remodeling your kitchen, you’re in luck! Winter is the best time to plan a kitchen remodel. Why? While there are many reasons for this, here are some of the most common according to Lee Parron of Kitchen Design Creations working in the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale markets:
Contractor Availability in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale is Better in Winter for Kitchen Remodel
“The best time to plan a kitchen remodel is during winter,” according to Parron. Contractors are more available and expedited permits are easier to get in the winter months. Waiting until summer months when contractors are at their busiest pushes not only finish times off, your also more likely to see higher labor costs during summer months.
Most homeowners don’t realize that the 3-4 months of “cooler” weather in Florida is a home run for renovation projects throughout Dade and Broward counties.
If you’re looking to remodel your kitchen, winter is traditionally the best time to start your project.
- Fewer interruptions during the South Florida winter months with rain and storms
- Contractors have more availability in the winter months
- Supply and demand for materials are lower in the cold season because the northern states don’t consume construction materials nearly as much as in the summer months. Just about any kitchen remodel materials are in decent supply here in South Florida.
Construction time on a kitchen remodel can be significantly shortened during winter months.
A kitchen remodel during winter months is a great option for anyone who wants to get their project done quickly. During this time, contractors are able to take on more projects with less competition. This means they can devote more of their attention on your kitchen renovation and complete it sooner than they would in the spring or summer.
When Kitchen Design Creations chooses contractors to complete work during these times, we will have fewer headaches with scheduling and delays due to other projects or weather conditions.
Homes are generally quieter with less foot traffic and noise.
The winter months are a great time to plan a kitchen remodel in South Florida. With kids and pets out of the house, you can use the extra space they’re not occupying to make your new kitchen even more functional and beautiful. You’ll also have fewer distractions from outside sources, like sirens or lawn mowers.
Contractors schedules are more flexible when not cramming in new projects to meet deadlines before summer vacation to avoid a backlog of incomplete projects.
- Winter is the best time to plan your kitchen remodel. Contractors schedules are more flexible when not cramming in new projects to meet deadlines before summer vacation to avoid a backlog of incomplete projects.
- Contractors have more time to work on your project, as they are not so busy with other projects that have already been booked by customers who scheduled them months in advance.
- There’s no backlog of incomplete projects because contractors are not working on jobs that need to be completed before summer vacation season starts.
There’s also no sweltering heat or torrential downpours to deal with and interrupt work flow.
In addition to the fact that you don’t have to deal with the sweltering heat or torrential downpours. Construction isn’t at the mercy of hurricanes this time of year as well.
Because most people prefer not to have their homes torn apart during the summer months, many contractors take vacation time during this time of year. This means that if you need someone for your kitchen remodel, it will be easier for you to find someone who is available and has room in their schedule.
Winter is an economical choice for a Kitchen Remodel.
Winter is the best time to plan a Kitchen Remodel in South Florida. It’s typically a slower season for the construction industry, so you can expect lower costs for materials and labor.
In addition to the cost savings, winter is also an economical choice because there are fewer contractors available during this time of year – and therefore less demand for permits and inspections.
So if you’re looking to start a kitchen remodel, and you want it done as soon as possible and realize a savings on labor costs, consider doing it during the winter months. The cold weather won’t bother us at all! In fact, we think it makes us more productive. Whenever you’re ready to begin planning your kitchen remodel, download a copy of Kitchen Design Creations guide, Design-to-Perfection or call Lee Parron directly at (305) 975-0553